100 - cast at work

100 - cast at work

Monday 21 April 2008

100
Press

'… this breathtaking piece of theatre. I do believe I will remember it, in both my head and my heart, all of my life. It is a tiny, huge, simple, complex play that touched me in places I didn’t even know I had. (…) This play moved me more profoundly than anything I can remember seeing in theatre..'
Kate Capstick, The Scotsman, Edinburgh

' Beautifully executed … its sheer unaffected simplicity is an integral part of its power... there is an energy and real connection here between actors and audience… this is a show that you will carry around with you long after you have left the theatre'
Lyn Gardner,The Guardian, London

' An arresting show…your mind and heart dilate during it... I’ve never had one, but I suspect that a massage will leave you feeling renewed in the way 100 does.'
The Independent, London

' The unfolding tale is a work of powerful proportions. The beauty of this play is in its simple premise and the purity of its execution. Unlike plays that resemble television sitcoms on stage or are constipated with words, ‘100’ is a reminder that a single gesture can speak volumes. This play is likely to be the hit of the Perth International Arts Festival.'
The Australian

' 100 is the type of performance you don’t notice going by. What takes place kidnaps us completely; it transports us, shatter us. It is a precious alchemy filled with simple solutions which are at the same time extraordinary, resourceful and unforgettable. It’s the most impressive show of the festival.'
Hoje em Dia, Brazil

' Sublime. Extraordinary. An almost perfect piece of theatre'
Adelaide Advertiser (Australia)

' Spellbinding. Ecstatic. This was theatre of the highest order
'Blaze Media (Australia)

No comments: